Let’s face it: college costs money. Paying for your education may be a new thing to you especially if you have been attending public school (like us).
Don’t worry! If you stick with Preppy, you’ll learn the inside secrets to keeping college cost down or even free.
At this point, we hope you are asking, “What will I have to pay for?”
There are five things you (may) will have to for:
- Tuition – Tuition is the amount of money that covers instruction. This is the most basic type of charge associated with any college. Paying tuition is mandatory.
- Fees – Colleges can charge small amounts of money for different purposes. Fees help provide services for all students. Paying fees is required.
- Room – Most colleges provide rooms for students to stay on campus. Staying on campus is optional for some students at some colleges.
- Board/Meal Plans – Most colleges provide access to food through cafeterias and on-campus restaurants. Colleges offer meal plans that students pre-pay for to save money. Meal plans are usually optional.
- Books – Books are paid for separately each semester.
Now that you’ve learned what’s involved in the cost of college. Let’s talk about paying for it.