Finding your passion is not easy. Exploring broad career paths and then using process of elimination to narrow your choices is the best way. So where do you start? Since there are hundreds of career and ten times as many jobs, career choices that are alike are categorized in 16 large groups called career clusters. This is a great place to begin your journey of finding a career that matches your goals, interest and values. Take a look at the 16 categories and choose those you immediately identify as strong possibilities. Use Preppy’s Pick Your Passion Quizzes to help select your top 2 -3 career cluster choices.
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
Not sure what is involved each field? Use the Online Occupation Network to learn about specific career paths and majors that lead to those careers.